Audi FIS Women’s World Cup - Arlberg Kandahar Ski Race
In January 2021, the women’s FIS Ski World Cup returns to St. Anton am Arlberg for the traditional Arlberg Kandahar ski races.
Two women’s World Cup ski races will be held in St. Anton am Arlberg in January 2021. The action starts on the 9th of January with the Downhill race, followed on the 10th of January with the Super-G. The races will be held on the legendary “Karl Schranz” racecourse, a demanding track set to stretch the athletes to their limits. The race finishes in the World Championship Zielstadion.
Due to the current regulations regarding Covid 19, no spectators will be permitted at the race.
Further information regarding the race programme can be found at: www.worldcup-stanton.com
A further event to be held in St. Anton am Arlberg in the context of the Arlberg Kandahar races is the third Sportgipfel Tirol (Tirolean Sports Summit) scheduled for Thursday, the 7th of January 2021.
Due to the current Covid 19 regulations, the Sportgipfel has to be held without the public, however it will be possible to follow live coverage of the event online and on the TV.
3 pm: Sports Discussion: “Youth and Movement – the Pleasure and the Pain”
- Josef Geisler – Deputy State Premier – Tirol
- Toni Innauer – former Austrian ski jumper, speaker, and author
- Josef Margreiter – Managing Director of Lebensraum Tirol Holding GmbH
- Dr. Katja Tecklenburg – doctor, lecturer, representative for school ski sports in the Austrian Ski Association
6 pm: Live TV discussion in ORF Sport+ in the context of the 3rd Sportgipfel Tirol – St. Anton am Arlberg
“Sporting Heroes without the Public – Professional Sport in the Context of Corona”
Tentative discussion participants:
- Stefan Krauß, Vice President of Winter Sports and Managing Director of Infront Austria
- Alex Antonitsch, Generali Open Kitzbühel
- Benni Raich, former ski racer, Olympic hero, World Champion, and overall World Cup winner
- Valentina Höll, Mountain biker, 13 times World Cup winner & World Champion in Downhill (Junior)
- Christian Scherer, ÖSV General Secretary (or other representatives from the ÖSV)
Please note that the Sportgipfel Tirol – St. Anton am Arlberg will be presented in German only.